General Board Meeting Minutes: November 14, 2014
- Wine & Beer Tasting held November 12th at the Suzie Q’s in Brant Lake was a great success. We had 69 paid entrance fees and a huge thanks is extended to Linda & Al Muench, Jo Anne Nick and all the business who contributed raffle items and food. Also thanks to Paradox Brewery, Wildman Wines and Craig, Anika, Monica and Jack from Suzie Q’s!
- Taste of the Tri-Lakes and Rotary Memory Tree will be held December 2nd in the center of town. The tree will be lit at 6:30 with food being served from 5:30 – 7:30. There will be free smore making at the firepit at The BullHouse, horse drawn carriage rides from Circle B Ranch and live music. This is the 4th year the Rotary has had the Memory Tree and the 3rd year for the Taste of The Tri-Lakes so we’re looking forward to another great evening. Restaurants have been contacted to participate again this year and tree bulbs can be purchased in memory of a loved one or anyone you want to recognize, for $5 apiece or 5 for $20. The Chestertown Rotary has agreed to split advertising costs with the TLBA.
- “Repeal Day” The End of Prohibition – Friday December 5th (Repeal Day –end of Prohibition and the 21st Amendment was signed into law http://www.repealday.org ) was December 5, 1933 and the TLBA will be sponsoring a celebration of this historic day at the Panther Mt. Inn that evening with Al Tolomeo’s Jazz Five band playing all night so get your gangster gear and flapper outfits out again for a night out on the town!
- Electric Sign for Town Events: Committee is moving forward but variances are needed from the Town of Chester and the APA and Fred Holman is working on obtaining the necessary permits. Checks can be made out to the North Warren Chamber of Commerce and mailed to PO Box 490 – Chestertown, NY 12817 Attn: Digital Sign.
- Mike Turrano has tried to contact Walt Disney Corporation to see if we can use the name “RADIATOR SPRINGS” for a weekend long event to be held next October with the movie CARS being shown, children’s events, and our area’s classic auto’s possibly ‘dressed up’ for the weekend??? Anyone who has contact with Disney or know of any cars that might be all ready decked out or if you want to help with this event should contact Mike Turano at [email protected].
Read more →