Minutes | November 14, 2014
General Board Meeting Minutes: November 14, 2014
- Wine & Beer Tasting held November 12th at the Suzie Q’s in Brant Lake was a great success. We had 69 paid entrance fees and a huge thanks is extended to Linda & Al Muench, Jo Anne Nick and all the business who contributed raffle items and food. Also thanks to Paradox Brewery, Wildman Wines and Craig, Anika, Monica and Jack from Suzie Q’s!
- Taste of the Tri-Lakes and Rotary Memory Tree will be held December 2nd in the center of town. The tree will be lit at 6:30 with food being served from 5:30 – 7:30. There will be free smore making at the firepit at The BullHouse, horse drawn carriage rides from Circle B Ranch and live music. This is the 4th year the Rotary has had the Memory Tree and the 3rd year for the Taste of The Tri-Lakes so we’re looking forward to another great evening. Restaurants have been contacted to participate again this year and tree bulbs can be purchased in memory of a loved one or anyone you want to recognize, for $5 apiece or 5 for $20. The Chestertown Rotary has agreed to split advertising costs with the TLBA.
- “Repeal Day” The End of Prohibition – Friday December 5th (Repeal Day –end of Prohibition and the 21st Amendment was signed into law http://www.repealday.org ) was December 5, 1933 and the TLBA will be sponsoring a celebration of this historic day at the Panther Mt. Inn that evening with Al Tolomeo’s Jazz Five band playing all night so get your gangster gear and flapper outfits out again for a night out on the town!
- Electric Sign for Town Events: Committee is moving forward but variances are needed from the Town of Chester and the APA and Fred Holman is working on obtaining the necessary permits. Checks can be made out to the North Warren Chamber of Commerce and mailed to PO Box 490 – Chestertown, NY 12817 Attn: Digital Sign.
- Mike Turrano has tried to contact Walt Disney Corporation to see if we can use the name “RADIATOR SPRINGS” for a weekend long event to be held next October with the movie CARS being shown, children’s events, and our area’s classic auto’s possibly ‘dressed up’ for the weekend??? Anyone who has contact with Disney or know of any cars that might be all ready decked out or if you want to help with this event should contact Mike Turano at [email protected].
- Shop Local will be held at area businesses on December 12th and 19th for holiday shopping. More information can be obtained from the Chamber of Commerce.
- Linda Lewis is looking to form a Book Club and anyone interested can drop her a note at [email protected] .
- The Carol Theatre is back on the market for $349,000 and interested parties can contact Cindy at [email protected] for more information.
- Restaurant Hours: it was suggested the local restaurants post their winter hours so locals and visitors to the area know what days they are open.
- Now is the time for anyone with ideas or suggestions for monies received from the Healthy New York program (which were split between the Town and the School) should speak up now and tell Chestertown Supervisor Fred Monroe and/or the Town Board what you would like to see in our towns.
- Woof Stock : A Weekend of Peace, Paws, and Music will be held over Father’s Day weekend (June 20-21, 2015) in the field behind Main Street Ice Cream Parlor. It was voted to purchase a dog costume similar to our snowman costume to wear over this weekend and in other TLBA events.
- There will be a Paint & Sip at the Panther Mt. Inn on Wednesday, 6PM – 9PM.
- There will be a Book signing for the “102 Club” http://adirondack102club.com at The Horicon Town Hall on Monday November 24th at 7PM. With this book you can begin your quest as a member of the Adirondack 102 Club to visit all the Park’s towns and villages and get to know the real Adirondacks. Being sold in local establishments for $20.
- Clarke Dunham, co-owner of Rail Roads on Parade, reported that an auction held last week had a very favorable outcome and the display may return to New City as a Christmas display as early as 2015.
- A big Thank You to Jane Smith for taking over the treasures duties for the past 6 months with Dee Beckler taking over for the winter months!
- It was decided there will be no TLBA meetings on the Friday after Thanksgiving and the Friday after Christmas so we can stay on our current bi-monthly schedule.
Next meeting is Friday, November 14, 2014 at 9 AM @ the Panther Mountain Inn.
You do not have to be a business owner to attend! We only have two rules: Meetings last for only 1 hour. Only 1 person speaks at a time