Minutes | June 28, 2013
Meeting Minutes: June 28, 2013
- Golf Tournament netted $1,260 with another $300 due – Many thanks to Ron and Martha for a great fundraise for the TLBA!
- Advertising placemats are in and have been distributed. If you still owe money for your ad please mail your check made out to Tri-Lakes Business Alliance, to John MacMillan – PO Box 462 – Chestertown, NY 12817.
- Music on Main Street will be a free concert on the Chester Town Hall lawn on Wednesday, July 10th, with Flip Side: 4:00pm to 5:30pm and the Master Cylinders: 6:00pm to 8:30. Bring your lawn chairs and coolers and enjoy a family night out! Ice Cream truck will be there and it was decided not to sell food as we’d like people to go to the local establishments afterwards for a bite to eat – again, hopefully attaining our goal of bringing business into town!
- Tops will be having their Grand Opening on July 2nd and members of the TLBA will be presented with a donation check of $500. Thank you Tops Corporation!!!!
- Next Rum Runners Weekend meeting will be on July 17th at 6pm at the Panther Mt. Inn. More volunteers are need – meetings last about ½ hour so if you can help out, please attend. Restaurants have agreed to do a $19.25 special that weekend, a low speed car chase over Landon Hill is being planned, Bob Swan has offered the movie theatre to us for our Vaudeville – Burlesque Show and event planning is moving forward.
- There will be another ATV ride on July 22nd or August 10th to benefit the North Country Hardship Fund. More details to follow.
- Car Hop held on July 5th – Main Street Ice Cream Parlor is donating the trophies.
- The Chestertown Rotary will be selling hot dogs at Rydin’ High Ranch on Friday nights this summer as a fund raiser… so check out the rodeo and support our local Rotary!
- Waterfest will be at the Chester Town Municipal Center on Friday, July 12th, from 10am to 3pm. Kid’s bouncy rides, storytelling, fly casting & tying exhibits from the Crossroads, and MORE! We’d like some Alliance members to man a booth and explain what we’re doing and what we’ve done, so anyone who can help out please call Doug O’Brian at #494-4565 to volunteer.
- It was voted for the TLBA to purchase a helium balloon tank with balloons with our logo on them to use at our events.
- Two of our members are going to jail on July 17th at the Boardwalk Restaurant, to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) and they need bail money to get them out of jail! To make a small (or large!) donation to Angie Mead, go to http://www2.mda.org/site/TR/Lock-Up/11-316-AlbanyDistrict?px=1855172&pg=personal&fr_id=6503
To make a donation to John MacMillan, go to http://mda.convio.net/site/TR/Lock-Up/11-316-AlbanyDistrict?px=1844282&pg=personal&fr_id=6503
Next Meeting: Friday, July 12th, 9am at the Panther Mt. Inn