Minutes | June 29, 2012
Meeting Minutes: June 29, 2012
- The Horicon Zoning Meeting is Thursday, July 12th, and all Horicon business owners are urged to attend. The proposed zoning changes are not favorable to business expansion in the town, as they are re-writing the zoning and subdivision ordinances. Meeting minutes from May are attached for your review and your support on the 12th will be appreciated.
- Chestertown Farmers Market was a huge success… over 260 people walked through the gates opening day and over 270 on the second day… Vendors ran out of product and were very happy; especially when we explained to them our population will quadruple next week and throughout the summer. There are currently 10 vendors and 2 or 3 more have signed up so the committee accomplished their goal of “bringing people into downtown”. Thank you again to all who donated time and money to make this a success!
- Signage: Commmitte went back to Fred Monroe and we have the OK to work on the Forrest Jones Christmas tree signs. Project is moving forward.
- Town Banners: orders are in and we’re waiting for Garnet Signs to get them completed, hopefully by the Summerfest and Veterans Dedication on Wednesday, July 4th. We have a contact with the town so hopefully when they’re ready, the town will get them hung asap.
- Don Butler is working on a Car Show to be held this summer at the Chester Commons (Rite Aid).
- Information brochures to be distributed at Global Foundries is still in the works and nearing completion. More photos are needed of Dynamite Hill activities, etc. so if anyone has any great shots to share send them on!
- Green Mansions has volunteered the golf course and their establishment for another fund raiser for the Tri-Lakes Alliance this summer. Volunteers are needed to make this happen.
- Adirondack Stairs will be going into the old Jansers building on Rte 9 and The Bullhouse (a steak house!) will be opening in the Remington Building across the street, both being a needed addition to this part of town. Congratulations and good luck to you both!
Meeting was adjoined at 9:45
Next meeting: July 13, 2012 @ The Panther Mountain Inn.