Minutes | June 1, 2012
Meeting Minutes: June 1, 2012
- Rob Simon is moving forward on incorporating the Tri-Lakes Business Alliance. It was agreed that Don Butler will get a separate post office box for the alliance and we’ll use the Chamber of Commerce’s physical address for the paperwork.
- Town Banner reservations have been coming in and there are currently 30 reserved for Chestertown, 11 for Brant Lake, 9 for Pottersville and 4 for Adirondack. No more reservations for Chestertown will be taken at this time as there is a limit of 30 banner holders. The Town of Horicon still needs to get back to us on the availability of the holders in Brant Lake and Adirondack, and if they are willing to purchase more if needed as Chestertown has done. Garnet signs will have the designs ready this week and we’ll send everyone who has a banner reserved an email. They will pick their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd design choice and email it to Garnet signs with their business name as they’d like it written.
- Kudos to Linda Muench for putting the flowers out around town – they compliment the blue benches beautifully!
- It was brought up that we should develop a brochure describing and advocating our area that could be distributed in the Malta/Global Foundries area. A simple brochure could be put together quite quickly and a member of the group has contact with a person who is involved in helping this influx of people relocate to the area. Debra Eves, Mary Jane Dower and Judy Johnson have volunteered to get photos and compile basic information for this brochure, depicting that this is “A Great Place to Live”, which we could get printed and out to the public within a few months, at a relatively minimal cost.
- It was noted that a Fly Fishing Club is staying at the Landon Hill B& B in the near future, and ideas were tossed around as to how we could get more of these groups (kayakers, bass fishermen, antique boaters, etc) to visit our area as a group.
- As summer is here, it was also discussed whether we wanted to change our meeting times to once every 4 weeks but the majority felt we would lose momentum if this was changed.
Meeting was adjourned at 10am.
Next meeting: Friday, June 15, 2012 ~ 9am ~ at the Panther Mountain Inn.