Meeting Minutes: June 15, 2012
- Chestertown Banners are ordered and the Town agreed to purchase enough banner holders to hang the 30 we have “on order” and there will be 5 or 6 more on new street lights to be installed in August sometime so any other businesses looking to purchase a banner can do so and it will be hung when the new street lights are installed later this summer. We ask that everyone who has purchased a banner get their logo and full payment of $125 to Garnet Signs as soon as possible. This entire effort has been volunteer and those involved would appreciate not having to send out paper invoices or email reminders to submit your payment. We have orders for 55 banners in the four villages – a collective effort from all to “liven up” our Main Streets!
- Horicon has given us a final “count” on how many banner holders are available in Brant Lake and Adirondack and they have agreed to purchase as many new ones as we need (thank you, Bob Olsen!). Anyone who hasn’t sent their banner choice for Brant Lake and Adirondack, please do so ASAP.
- A negative letter from the Department of Transportation regarding our signage requests is attached. No reference signs to Gore Mountain will be put at Exit 25 or 26 as “that is not the shortest route” nor is it “a Scenic Bi-Way”. The Gas/Food/Lodging sign we have requested to be put under the current Chestertown Business District sign at the Rte 8/9 intersection is still waiting for the Town to obtain DOT approval. Keith Tracy of Tartan Realty has offered his property on the Rte 8/9 intersection for signage.
- Don Butler met with the president of a local car club and future plans for a car show in our area are in the beginning stages.
- Chestertown Farmers Market is having its Opening Day on Wednesday, June 20th. There will be a ribbon cutting ceremony with supervisor Fred Monroe and Ana Martha Torres (the student who submitted the market’s logo) with cake/coffee and live music by Cristo Lewis. Chester has been working hard on the front lawn of the Town Municipal Center to prepare for the July 7th Summerfest, and extra walk-ways were put in to accommodate the Market.
Meeting was adjoined at 9:45
Next meeting: June 29, 2012 @ The Panther Mountain Inn.