Meeting Minutes: June 14, 2013
- Benefit Golf Tournament was held June 14th, there were 13 teams signed up. Thanks to Willie Parker and Jack Toney Wholesale for donating the hamburgers & hotdogs, and McCluskey’s for the buns! Thanks to Bill Brannigan for printing the tee signs, and MacMillan Construction, Adirondack Moonshine, Gallo Realty, Green Mansions Golf Course, Panther Mountain Inn and Fish Construction for sponsoring teams and 6 other teams sponsored by local residents. Raffle items were donated by Rocky Ridge Boat Storage & Firewood, Glens Falls National Bank, Brant Lake Taxi, Main Street Ice Cream Parlor, Hemlock Ledge, Penni Cargioli and Green Mansions. Congratulations to Penni Cargioli for winning the 50/50 raffle and the Adirondack Moonshine Team for winning first place and the Green Mansions Team for second place. Tee sponsors were Upstate Agency, McDermott Funeral Home, Edward Jones/ Mark Sissons, Adirondack Regional Insurance/Kathy Hill, and Hemlock Ledge. Over $1,300 was raised for the Alliance and again, the community participation was greatly appreciated and we look forward to doing this again next year!
- Rum Runner Weekend Committee reported on what is planned so far for the September 13-15 town wide celebration. All local restaurants are being asked to have a $19.25 special of some sort that weekend, Babe Ruth baseball at Dynamite on Saturday mid-day, a Vaudeville and Burlesque Show is planned for Saturday afternoon, Saturday evening Speak Easy at the Panther Mt. Inn w/costumes, drink specials, (knock on the door and know the password to get let in), Sunday Car Show and Police race over Landon Hill, Moonshine specials at Adirondack Moonshine and lots more! We’d like to get every business in town to have their staff dress to the period (1920’s) that weekend so if people go into a store or restaurant, they feel like they’ve dropped back 90 years! The committee really needs more people to help with this event so if you want to get involved, call Don at #573-4386 or come to the next planning meeting (very short – they last about ½ hour) on June 6th at the Panther Mt. Inn @6pm.
- Tri-Lakes Music on Main Street will be held July 10th on the front lawn of the town hall. Enjoy a night out with the family at a free summer concert! Bring your coolers and lawn chairs to hear music by Flip Side 4:00pm – 5:30pm and Master Cylinders 6:00pm – 8pm and then enjoy some dinner in town!
- Next Car Hop is scheduled for June 21st and there will be a new Coral for Motorcycles! Trophy Sponsors are needed for the July 21st show ($40 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rdplace trophies) so let us know if you’d like to donate.
- The newly formed Greater Warrensburg Business Alliance is having a Tasting of Warrensburg on June 19th from 5pm-7pm with a $10 donation getting you (10) $1 tickets to try local food samples. Flyer is attached.
- Adirondack Water Fest is scheduled for July 12th on the back lawn of the Chester Town Hall. Fun day for families with lots of information on our local waterways.
- Chestertown Farmers Market opens Wednesday, June 19th with 28 vendors including last year’s favorites plus some new ones: Fish Vendor, Knife Sharpener, Living Lights and MORE! Please pass the word and help support the Market this summer! A few volunteers are still needed to fill in a few shifts for set-up and tear-down each Wednesday so if you can donate ½ of your time some Wednesday morning or afternoon, please let the girls at the Market know!
- Placemats are due in any day. Some businesses still owe monies so please send you $50, check made out to Tri-Lakes Business Alliance, to John MacMillan – PO Box 462 – Chestertown, NY 12817.
Next Meeting: Friday, June 28th, 9am at the Panther Mt. Inn