Minutes | August 8, 2014
General Board Meeting Minutes: August 8, 2014
- ATV RIDE on July 26th had 126 riders netting $2,199 for the TLBA. A new check-in spot on top of Panther Mountain was a huge hit, and the event went off smoothly. Cash Prizes of $250 1st place, $150 2nd place and $100 3rd place were given out and 1st place winner Janine Best donated $150 back to the Alliance. A huge thanks to Don Butler, Ed Jay, the Tin Tee Pee Campground, McCluskey’s hardware and all the volunteers who helped make this event a success. Next ride is scheduled for September 20th with proceeds going to Toys for Tots.
- Rum Runner’s Weekend committee is meeting again Wednesday, August 13th, 5PM at the Panther Mt. Pub and anyone interested in helping organize the event is welcome to attend. Great sales on the internet for 1920’s costumes! We again are going to ask all businesses to dress for the era so when people come to town they drop back into the 1920’s.
- ADIRONDACK SHIN-DIG being held on Saturday, August 9th, to correspond with the 15th annual Adirondack Yard Sale. Shin-Dig starts at 5 PM where they will be closing off Church Street and “dancing the night away”!!!!
- THE ART in Chestertown is beginning its Harvest Spirit show on Friday August 8th and is running through Saturday Sept. 20th. If you’ve never stopped by this Gallery of Inspiring Work by regional artists (located on Main Street in Chestertown), you’re missing out on drawings, sculptures, oil paintings, photographs, watercolors, woodworking, jewelry, books and much more! Gallery is open Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sundays from 11 AM to 5 PM.
- Bike Night proved to be a success and the TLBA has voted to have this event every few weeks with motorcycle enthusiasts show casing their rides with trophies being awarded for Best Original, Best Custom, Oldest. Businesses are being asked to donate trophies, cost $40, for these shows and anyone wishing to a sponsor a show can contact Don Butler at #573-4386. (We’ll pick up the trophies). 50/50 raffles provide the Alliance with a bit of funding, and there is no cost to the Alliance to put these events on. Next Bike Night is scheduled for Wednesday August 13th (weather permitting) and August 27th.
- APAC: the LAURA ROTH performance on August 2nd had 183 in attendance and was a huge hit. Laura donated back to APAC a large portion of her cut for the show, which was hugely appreciated! LAST DAZE with special Guest FLAKJACKET ROCK will be performing on Wednesday August 13th at 7:30 PM with a $10 admission. SHAKESPEARE IN THE RAW performances are also scheduled for August 9 with “The Tempest” at 7:30 PM and “Henry V” on Saturday, August 23 at 7:30 PM – ticket prices are $20 – $25 with children under 12 Free. For more information on these or any other events at the Carol Theatre, call the APAC hotline at #494-4495.
- Music on Main Street: The S.L. Smith Band had about 125 people in attendance and the last performance of the year will be on August 21 with the Master Cylinders. It was agreed to possibly change the time to 7 PM to 9 PM. All concerts are free to the public and will be held on the front lawn of the Chester Town Hall.
- Jane Smith has volunteered to be co-treasurer for The TLBA and it is greatly appreciated!!!!
- The dead shrubs have been removed from the front lawn of the Chester Town Municipal and it was agreed that it looks wonderful! The Veteran’s Monument and flower beds are now visible from the road and the setting is much more conducive to the music venues and Farmer’s Market as originally planned. Craig Leggett volunteered write a thank you letter to the Veterans and the Town regarding this improvement.
- Chestertown Farmer’s Market hit the 1000 people mark last week! A huge Thank You to Mary Jane Dower and all the committee members who help to make this a great success for the town!
- We’d like to remind you all to refer to the community calendar at https://trilakesalliance.com for everything that’s happening in our tri-lake area!
Next meeting is Friday, August 22, 2014 at 9 AM @ the Panther Mountain Inn.
You do not have to be a business owner to attend! We only have two rules:
- Meetings last for only 1 hour.
- Only 1 person speaks at a time