General Board Meeting Minutes: December 12, 2014
- Taste of the Tri-Lakes and Rotary Memory Tree was a great success and we appreciate all the restaurants who participated and all the volunteers who made it possible – it started snowing at just the right time and we look forward to having this yearly event!
- “Repeal Day” The End of Prohibition was a great evening but weather limited the crowd so plans will be in the works for next year as a follow up night for Rum Runners. Big thanks to Monica Herrington for organizing this!
- Brant Lake Winter Carnival: Will be held Saturday February 21st this year. Over $1,000 has been raised to date for the Out House Race prizes and all businesses are are invited to enter! Committee will meet Tuesday Dec. 16th at 9 AM at Jimbo’s and anyone wanting to help out this year is welcome to attend. The Downhill Derby is scheduled for Feb.14th and we’d like to have more events throughout the week (it’ vacation week) so anyone with ideas let us know. A formal dance where the King & Queen of the Carnival can be voted upon and crowned was suggested, and a few members are looking into this.
- Electric Sign for Town Events: Committee is moving forward but variances are needed from the Town of Chester and the APA and Fred Holman is working on obtaining the necessary permits. Checks can be made out to the North Warren Chamber of Commerce and mailed to PO Box 490 – Chestertown, NY 12817 Attn: Digital Sign.
- “RADIATOR SPRINGS”: a weekend long event to be held next October with the movie CARS being shown, children’s events, and our area’s classic auto’s possibly ‘dressed up’ for the weekend still needs permission from Disney (or we’ll use another name) and volunteers are needed to get on this committee. If you want to help with this event contact Mike Turano at [email protected] .
- Shop Local will be held at area businesses on December 12th and 19th for holiday shopping. Main St.Ice Cream Parlor, The Crossroads, Lazy Moose, Adirondack General Store, The Art in Chestertown Gallery, Filler ‘Er Up in Brant Lake and Giant Mt. Studios in Schroon Lake will be open for extended hours on these days so check it out and BUY LOCAL! More information can be obtained from the Chamber of Commerce.
- Restaurant Hours: We have compiled a list of local restaurants winter hours so locals and visitors to the area know what days they are open and this will be posted on the TLBA webpage.
- We are not doing the calendar placemats this year but want some type of brochure to hand out with our Event Calendar. Barb Thomas and Brandon Himoff will work on a brochure that could be distributed to local businesses to distribute.
- Woof Stock : Committee members attended the Warren County Board of Supervisors Bed Tax Meeting on December 8th (in costume!) but the county decided to give monies back to the towns for the ‘smaller events’ in the communities. Chester and Horicon each received $10,000 and the Committee will be asking the Towns of Chester and Horicon for some of this funding to help with the Woof Stock Festival to be held in June. Cindy will find out how much of a down payment is needed to reserve the Hudson Valley DockDogs and AKC Lure Chasing group and will report next meeting.
- It was voted to give Katelyn Hill $100 to purchase water and snacks for an upcoming elementary dance .
- Mountain Bike Trails: Drew from The Hub gave a presentation to develop more mountain Bike trails to connect Horicon to the Hudson River in Riparius. He is doing extensive research on developing these trail systems, as this sport would be great for our area during the shoulder seasons and anyone interested in helping out can contact him at [email protected]
THERE WILL BE NO MEETING ON DECEMBER 26TH
Next meeting is Friday, January 9, 2015 at 9 AM @ the Panther Mountain Inn.
You do not have to be a business owner to attend! We only have two rules: Meetings last for only 1 hour. Only 1 person speaks at a time
Thank you all for a great year – We wish you all a Safe, Happy & Healthy Holiday Season!