Minutes | February 6, 2015
General Board Meeting Minutes: February 6, 2015
- Brant Lake Ice Fishing Tournament was a success – A $500 Dale Earnhardt helmet was auctioned off for $500 and all proceeds went toward the Bob “Wimpy” Whitford scholarship fund.
- Dynamite Hill Downhill Derby: February 14th …. As always, a fun time for all!
- Brant Lake Winter Carnival: Will be held Saturday February 21st starting at 11 AM and ending with fireworks at Dusk. Over $1,000 has been raised to date for the Out House Race prizes (In Memory of Davin Berg) and all businesses are are invited to enter! We need more teams for Snow Shoe Softball and the Broom Ball Tournaments so any groups interested please let us know! In addition to the Fry Pan Toss, Curling, Out House Races, Children’s sledding hill and Ice Bowling we’ll also be having an Icicle Contest (bring your longest icicle!) with Adult & Children winners. Also new this year is a competition amongst local business and/or groups to get the most votes for their nominated King & Queen. $1 a vote and the most votes win bragging rights and a crown so vote for your favorite King & Queen at local establishments and/or organizations!
Participating this year is: Main St. Ice Cream Parlor (Jenna Remington & Greg Dower), Panther Mt. Pub (Jeanee & Gerry Jeremiah), Lazy Moose (Terri & Paul Scheurlein), Green Mansions (Sheila & Stan Ellsworth), Tin TeePee (Brenda & Mike Lewis), Black Bear Restaurant (Michelle & Earl Forbes) and North Warren School (Lori Korrniak & Todd Lawson).
Volunteers are needed for hour shifts for the Info Booth so let us know if you can help. Free shuttle service will be available all day from the Horicon Town Hall or come by sled!
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade: March 7th. Only 3 people showed up for Parade Committee meeting and we need more volunteers! This year’s Grand Marshalls will be Frank & Mary Jane Dower!!!! PTO is serving food and overseeing the Bouncy House and Ed Jay is contacting other local fire departments. But we need more people to co-ordinate events!!!! This is a great event that everyone enjoys each year, and we would hate to see it end because of lack of community involvement. Next planning meeting for the parade is Thursday, February 12th at 5 PM @ the Panther Mt. Pub.
- Craft BrewFest: May 30th – More info to follow!
- Woof Stock : June 20-21: Our first committee meeting had about 12 people attend and it’s a great group to get this event off the ground! Town of Horicon has given us $2,000 for this event and committee will be presenting their request for Warren County Bed Tax monies to the Town of Chester on 2/10/15. We have locked in the Hudson Valley Dock Dogs and plans are moving forward with interactive events such as Lure Chasing, Agility Contests, Frisbee Contests and My Dog Has Talent Contest. There will also be a “Burn Your Bra for Charity” fire at the Bull House on Saturday night after the mock Woodstock Concert at the Carol Theatre. More info to follow in upcoming months but it’s going to be a great weekend so get your Tie-Die ready and let’s travel back to 1969!
Appeals been made to PetCo and Bensens, and although plans are still moving forward, lack of financial support might limit the number of events planned. If anyone has any ideas or connections that might be able to help with some sort of sponsorship, please contact Cindy at [email protected] or #494-3016.
- TLBA Tax Preparation: Eric Johnson, CPA located across from the Silver Star, has offered to do the TLBA taxes for the year pro-bono and we are greatly appreciative! If you’re looking for a local accountant, give Eric a call at #456-7412 and let him know you heard about him through the Alliance! Support your local businesses!
- Electric Sign for Town Events: Committee needs to meet again to revisit actual location of sign to meet all the regulatory agencies we’re dealing with. Donations are still needed and checks can be made out to the North Warren Chamber of Commerce and mailed to PO Box 490 – Chestertown, NY 12817 Attn: Digital Sign. There will be an ATV ride on May 30th with proceeds going toward this sign.
NEXT MEETING FRIDAY FEBRUARY 20, 2015
at 9 AM @ the Panther Mountain Inn.