Minutes | October 3, 2014
General Board Meeting Minutes: October 3, 2014
- Tim Davis of Superior Plus Energy Service gave a presentation of their services and offered a propane proposal for a TLBA Co-Op for fuel. Company is based out of Gansevoort and they have an office in Warrensburg. Propane Rate for Customer Owned equipment is .55 over terminal cost, Company provided equipment .70 over terminal cost. If you are receiving these emails you are a member of the TLBA and eligible to be part of the Co-Op. Call Tim Davis at (W) #584-3050 or (Cell) #222-7264 for more information.
- ATV Poker Ride for Toys for Tots held on September had 143 riders and made $2,786 for Toys for Tots as well as 8+ bags of toys. A few riders didn’t respect the rules and this behavior could jeopardize future events so we ask all who participate to ride accordingly, and feel free to use peer pressure toward those who don’t abide by the rules. These are great fund raisers for great causes and we’d hate to see them end because of a a small number of people.
- Wine Tasting Fund Raiser will be held November 12th from 5:30 to 7:30 at the Suzie Q’s in Brant Lake. Donations are needed to raffle off so call Linda at #494-4898 or drop off items at Gallo Realty if you’d like to give a basket or gift certificate. It was voted to give the committee $150 for advertising, etc. This is one of the few fund raisers the TLBA has every year to offset expenses of our events, insurance, advertising, etc. so please give graciously and plan on stopping by for a great evening!
- APAC: No news.
- Electric Sign for Town Events: Garnet Signs has quoted +/- $6,900 for a two sided digital electronic informational sign like the one in front of the NW School to advertise community events. Committee is meeting to discuss funding for this in conjunction with the Chamber of Commerce. Cost of sign is significantly lower than what we were quoted last year and county funding will be researched and/or a fund raising event to raise monies for this much needed advertising medium.
- Chestertown Farmer’s Market had over 9,000 people come through the gate this year in 15 weeks (compared to about the same number of people in 17 weeks last year!). Thanks to everyone who has helped make this such a successful event in our town!
- Town Signs : a few months ago we submitted designs to the Chester Town Board for new entrance signs and a vote was taken by the Board to proceed. It was questioned where these signs are and why haven’t they been put up?
- Woof Stock : To be held over Father’s Day weekend (June 20–21, 2015) in the field behind Main Street Ice Cream Parlor, it will be a Weekend of Peace, Paws, and Music. Seeing we all like dressing up for the 1920’s, now we’re going back to 1969! Committee has been formed, and monies from both towns and Warren County as well as sponsorships from pet related industries will be researched.
- Road Side Signs: A letter to the Chester Town Board was reviewed, approved, and will be sent to the Town addressing the current zoning laws and the unsightliness of temporary road side advertising signs. It was voted to cc the letter to the Town of Horicon.
- The End of Prohibition was December 5, 1933 and a committee was formed to organize a small celebration of this historic day. Monica Herrington has volunteered to head this committee with Randy Berg, Jane Smith and Don Butler.
- Thank you letters were received from the Class of 2017 for letting them help out at Rum Runners and keep the left over ‘foods’ to sell throughout the year at school events.
- The Rotary is now selling ‘lights’ for the Rotary Memory Tree to be lit, in conjunction with the TLBA Taste of the Tri-Lakes on December 2nd in the center of town. Bulbs can be purchased in memory of a loved one or anyone you want to recognize, for $5 apiece or 5 for $20. December 13th is the Rotary Christmas/Santa event.
- DVD’s of the Vaudeville Show at Rum Runners are now available and can be purchased for $10 at Main St. ICP, the Lazy Moose and at future TLBA events. Thank you to Brandon Himoff for making these hour long videos and donating profits to the TLBA!
- Wayne Rizzo will be the featured artist for Autumn Artistry at The Art in Chestertown from October 3 thru November 8. The Art is now open on weekends from 11-5 so make sure you stop in to view some great local talent!
- We’d like to remind you all to refer to the community calendar at https://trilakesalliance.com for everything that’s happening in our tri-lake area!
Next meeting is Friday, October 17, 2014 at 9 AM @ the Panther Mountain Inn.
You do not have to be a business owner to attend! We only have two rules: Meetings last for only 1 hour. Only 1 person speaks at a time