Minutes | April 12, 2019
An Adirondack Woof Stock – June 8th & 9th. Meeting on Wednesday April 24th at 6PM at the Panther Mt. Pub. Volunteers are always needed so join in if you can! Vendors are also welcome so email [email protected] if interested! A big Thank you to the Towns of Chester and Horicon for approval of Bed Tax monies for this event and for Woodstock Revisited on the Mill Pond!
Chestertown Occupancy Tax Approvals 2019 as of 4/15/19
- $1,200 for TBLA St Patrick’s Day Parade
- $1,000 for TBLA Winter Carnival/15/19
- $1,000 for NWCC Downhill Derby
- $6,000 An Adirondack Woof Stock
- $1,200 Music Night at the Crossroads series to be held from July 11 to August 29, 2019.
Horicon Occupancy Tax Approvals 2019 as of 4/15/19
- Joel Friedman Adirondack Marathon – TOH portion $ 3,500.00
- Brant Lk Bike Park Ride On! $ 1,000.00
- EZ Marine & Storage Weekend at Bernie’s $ 2,500.00
- Horicon Business/Vol Group Food Truck Fridays on the Pond $ 6,755.00
- Horicon Volunteer Fire Co. Horicon Day $ 4,000.00
- Town of Horicon Fireworks for Horicon day $ 5,000.00
- Tin TeePee Campground Snowmobile Trail improvements $ 2,000.00
- Tri-Lakes Business Alliance Woodstock Revisited $ 3,000.00
Carol Theatre – Tri-folds are finished with this performances.
NW Chamber is still looking for nominations for this year’s VIP so get your votes in!
Chestertown Farmer’s Market has sent out this year’s applications and they can be found at www.chestertownfarmersmarket.com. Many of the same vendors are coming and a few new ones – opening day is June 12th.
Committee has been meeting to have the TLBA become a true 501C3 and be eligible for Sales Tax Exemptions and Grant monies. A possible name change is also in the works as the word BUSINESS in the current name incorrectly makes people think it is only for business owners (which it definitely is NOT). Bernie McCann has volunteered to work with a small committee to find a new name and incorporate a new mission statement to be more in line with a 501C3.
At the next meeting (May 10th) we will discuss and vote on the Name Change and the incorporation status.
YMCA fitness center in Chestertown Town Center will open May 6th with ribbon cutting ceremony on May 8th. Adults, Seniors and children. Monthly memberships: Seniors: Individuals $34 / Couples $40 – Families $51 – Adults $35 – Teens $14 – Youth $11. No one will be denied membership due to financial hardship and a sliding scale is available.
This year’s Scholarship committee will be meeting to determine criteria and get in touch with the school.
Tahawus trail meeting had 53 attendees and will be moving into the next phase…. for more info contact Craig Leggett or Matt Simpson https://www.adirondackexplorer.org/explorer_reports/talks-continue-on-purchase-of-tahawus-rail-line