Minutes | April 6, 2012
Meeting Minutes: April 6, 2012
- Attorney Rob Simon explained the different corporations that can be formed for a group such as ours. The 501-C6 seems like the best option although contributions taken in will not be considered tax deductable with this corporation. Rob would do the paperwork pro-bono and the only expenses will be for State filing fees. A Board of Directors, etc. would have to be formed. Another option is for the Town of Chester to set up a fund for us and the Tri-Lakes Business Alliance could be a subset of the Town and covered under their entity. More research will be done on this.
- The Wine Social will be at the Panther Mountain Inn on Monday, April 23, 2012. Bill Brannagan of Adirondack Moonshine will be donating wine and the Panther Mt. Inn will donate finger food & wine for the event. Cost will be $20 per person at the door. A 50/50 raffle will be held and any gift certificates or baskets donated to be raffled off would be greatly appreciated. All proceeds will go to the Tri-Lakes Business Alliance.
- Brandon Himoff got in touch with a good contact person at the Grand Union Family Markets and will keep us apprised of upcoming developments with the store in Chestertown.
- A letter will be presented to the Chester Town Board regarding the painting of the benches put out in town by local artists for this coming season.
- Town Banners: Garnet signs will be providing sample banners representing the activities our area offers (boating, fishing, skiing, biking, etc) and approval for these banners to be purchased by local businesses and hung on the Town flag poles will be presented at the next Town Board Meeting. Horicon has said they all ready have banners so approval from them will not be sought at this time.
- Ron Walker of Green Mansions has volunteered his golf course for a fund raising tournament for the Alliance. Planning and dates for this event to follow.
- It was suggested that the Alliance set up a booth or table at the Chestertown Summer Fest and Horicon Day to promote more exposure for the group and to aid in future fundraising efforts, etc. Volunteers will be needed to organize and attend these events.
Meeting was adjourned at 10am.
Next meeting: Friday, April 20, 2012 ~ 9am ~ at the Panther Mountain Inn.