Minutes | August 22, 2014
General Board Meeting Minutes: August 22, 2014
- Rum Runner’s Weekend committee is meeting again Wednesday, Sept 3rd, 5PM at the Panther Mt. Pub and anyone interested in helping organize the event is welcome to attend. Great sales on the internet for 1920’s costumes! We are asking all businesses to dress for the era so when people come to town they drop back into the 1920’s. Signs will be put out in front of participating establishments declaring them an ““A Rum Runner Accomplice on the Bootlegger Trail”. There will be a Scavenger Hunt this year and one of the ‘finds’ is to bring in a $19.25 receipt from a participating restaurant. Car Shows are scheduled for the Panther Mt. Inn and the Lucky E Star in Warrensburg on Friday night with the Chester cars traveling to Warrensburg in search of the Notorious Bootleggers Wesley & Gisell. Jazz bands at the Speak Easy both Friday and Saturday night with a terrific Vaudeville Show at the Carol Theatre on Saturday afternoon. Seating is limited for the show and we sold out last year so buy your tickets early (available at Main St. ICP, The Bull House, the Panther Mt. Pub and the Farmer’s Market). The Hub will also be participating this year and the “Tweeds” will be riding bicycles from Brant Lake on Saturday morning to meet the Rum Runners Car Chase over Landon Hill where all will ‘parade’ to the field behind the town hall for some Babe Ruth Baseball. We will be sending out a full schedule in a separate email.
- APAC: a Shakespeare performance of Henry V will be held at the Carol Theatre on Saturday August 23rd. Admission is $20 – $25.
- The Adirondack Shin-Dig raised over $5,000 for the church repairs! A great success!
- Warrensburg’s Largest Garage Sale will be diverting traffic to Exit 25 this year, so the North Warren Townwide Sale should be an even bigger hit! Contact the Chamber of Commerce if you’re planning on having a sale that weekend and would like to be put on the map!
- A letter composed by Craig Leggett was approved and will be sent to our local veterans thanking them for the recent improvements to the shrubbery in front of the Town Hall in Chestertown.
- Chestertown Farmer’s Market is drawing in around 900 people each week and going strong. The last market will be Sept. 24th.
- We’d like to remind you all to refer to the community calendar at https://trilakesalliance.com for everything that’s happening in our tri-lake area!
- The Chestertown Recreational Plan will be giving a report at the next Chester Town Board meeting on Sept. 9th to report its findings. The TLBA will also be sending representatives from our various committees (Rum Runners, Music on Main St., St. Patrick’s Day Parade, and Woof Stock (coming in June!) to request monies from the town for next year’s events. There was also discussion on the numerous road signs in town and this will be addressed as well as local zoning prohibits any temporary signs and it is felt this zoning law needs to be looked at again and possibly changed to fit the times.
- There will be another ATV Ride sponsored by the TLBA to benefit Toys for Tots on September 20th. Last year our ATV ride generated the 2nd largest amount for the area Chapter so we hope to exceed that this year!
- Wayne LaMonthe of The First Wilderness Corridor explained that under the previous rules the Schroon River was not part of the waterways identified by the State of NY as eligible for funding under various grant programs. The County Board passed resolutions in 2012 and 2013 urging that the Schroon River be added to the Intercoastal Waterway System. The County has received a call from Deb Capezutti from Assemblyman Stec’s Office advising that the legislation including the Schroon River as part of the Intercoastal Waterway System has been approved. It is Assembly Bill No. A.8704. This now allows the Town of Horicon to consider inclusion in the First Wilderness Program and also opens up the possibility of grant funding through NYS Department of State via the Local Waterfront Revitalization Program (LWRP). The Town of Chester is all ready included in this program.
Next meeting is Friday, September 5, 2014 at 9 AM @ the Panther Mountain Inn.
You do not have to be a business owner to attend! We only have two rules:
- Meetings last for only 1 hour.
- Only 1 person speaks at a time