General Board Meeting Minutes: September 5, 2014
- Rum Runner’s Weekend. September 12,13 & 14. Lots of great events planned including a new Scavenger Hunt where you can find the clues and win great prizes. Register and pick up your ballet where theatre tickets are being sold or download from the website http://tiny.cc/rrhunt . Signs will be put out in front of participating establishments declaring them an “A Rum Runner Accomplice on the Bootlegger Trail”. Car Shows are scheduled for the Panther Mt. Inn and the Lucky E Star in Warrensburg on Friday night with the Chester cars traveling to Warrensburg in search of the Notorious Bootleggers Wesley & Gisell. Jazz bands at the Speak Easy both Friday and Saturday night with a terrific Vaudeville Show starring Melissa MacMillan at the Carol Theatre on Saturdayafternoon. Seating is limited for the show and we sold out last year so buy your tickets early (available at Main St. ICP, The Bull House, the Panther Mt. Pub and the Farmer’s Market). Free carriage rides from Circle B Ranch to bring you around town to enjoy $19.25 restaurant specials! Anyone with a classic car interested in joining in the Landon Hill cruise, meet at the Black Bear at 9 AM for a Rum Runnin’ breakfast with the ‘run’ beginning at 10. The Hub will also be participating this year and the “Tweeds” will be riding bicycles from Brant Lake on Saturday morning to meet the Rum Runners Car Chase over Landon Hill where all will ‘parade’ to the field behind the town hall for some Babe Ruth Baseball, where the Sophomore class will be selling hot dogs, popcorn, peanuts and Cracker Jacks! A huge thanks to the Northern Warren Trailblazers for supplying the popcorn machine and all the pop corn fixings for the weekend! Look for a full schedule of events in a separate email.
- Bike Night held last Wednesday netted $76 on the 50/50 raffle and this event will be continued next year.
- Car Shows are scheduled for Friday of Rum Runners Weekend beginning at 5 PM at the Panther Mt. Inn and traveling to the Lucky E Star in Warrensburg. Another show is scheduled for Sunday, September 14th from 11 AM to 1 PM with awards being given out at the Rum Runner’s Brunch being held at the Bull House during the same time period. These will be the last Car Shows of the season.
- APAC: No more performances are scheduled for this year and committee has asked to meet with a few TLBA directors to discuss future plans.
- Chestertown Farmer’s Market had around 500 people last week, numbers are up from last year and the final market will be on September 24th.
- There will be another ATV Ride sponsored by the TLBA to benefit Toys for Tots on September 20th. Entry fee is $20 and includes BBQ at 5 PM at the Tin Tee Pee. There will be a toy drop box at the Panther Mt. Inn and unwrapped new toys can be dropped off all week. In addition to the new trail up Panther Mountain, the committee is trying to find a way to put the Hub on the trail as well.
- TLBA Committee heads will be attending this month’s Chester Town Board meeting on Tuesday September 9th to request funding for next year’s events. We will also be bringing up the issue of handmade and temporary road signs advertising businesses and events, and the possibility of a professional sign with businesses & directionals posted at the Northway Exit ramps.
- Electric Sign for Town Events: This has been discussed in the past and a committee was formed to pursue an electric informational sign like the one in front of the NW School to advertise community events. Don Butler, Craig Leggett, Fred Holman, Barb Thomas, Brandon Himoff and Cindy Mead volunteered as committee members and will meet on Thursday October 2nd. As this is a very costly item, funding from both towns and groups such as the Rotary, local Fire Departments and other organizations will be requested.
- Richard Coon of 1st Fuel and Propane spoke to the group about their new facility in Warrensburg. Anyone interested in info on propane prices and deliveries can contact Richard at #518-755-9585or [email protected].
- The Hub would like to develop mountain bike trails throughout the area as this is a very popular activity for bike enthusiasts and our area is prime for this recreation. There is great potential with the snowmobile trail system currently in place and anyone interested in helping with this venture can call The Hub at #494-4822 http://www.thehubadk.com
- We’d like to remind you all to refer to the community calendar at https://trilakesalliance.com for everything that’s happening in our tri-lake area!
Next meeting is Friday, September 19, 2014 at 9 AM @ the Panther Mountain Inn.
You do not have to be a business owner to attend! We only have two rules:
- Meetings last for only 1 hour.
- Only 1 person speaks at a time