Minutes | February 24, 2012
Meeting Minutes: February 24, 2012
- Sign Committee reported on their meetings with Fred Monroe and he has been given approval by the Town Board to write a letter to Betty Little requesting signage on Exits 25 and 26 for Gore Mountain. Because of APA regulations, only the brown and yellow information signs are allowed within the blue line, but the committee will also be working on getting our exits on the sign below Exit 17 of the Northway. The North Creek Business Alliance has offered to join forces with us on this and Monroe recommended we write to the DOT regarding signage on Route 8.
- Tri-Lakes Business Alliance Mission Statement was presented and accepted. It will be posted on the webpage.
- Members are still working on developing a trail system for ATV’s in our area. Permission is needed from National Grid.
- The North Creek Chamber and North Warren Chamber will be having a mixer March 15th at the Panther Mountain Inn. Around the 1st week of June, the Centurion Bicycle Race will be passing through our area and businesses are urged to take advantage of the influx of people as family members following the cyclists will be looking for things to do.
- The Wine Tasting Fundraiser was again discussed – date and time to be decided.
- Chestertown Farmers’ Market: A contest was held for art students at the North Warren high school, and votes from the Chestertown Farmers’ Market’s Face Book page helped the committee choose a design drawn by Martha Torres as their logo. Martha will receive a $25 prize and the top four runners up will receive ice cream cone certificates donated by Main St. Ice Cream. Letters are being sent out to local Vendors to reserve a space at the Market and applications are also available online at www.chestertownfarmersmarket.com. Stall rates are available from $109 for the 17 week season to $69 for an 8 week commitment. This will be a “producer’s only” market and all products sold must be grown or made by the vendors themselves. Business owners and individuals are also invited to become a “Friend of the Market” by donating funds to help with advertising, insurance, signage, postage and group affiliations. Donations may be mailed to P.O. Box 257 – Chestertown, NY 12817 and more information regarding donor levels is also available on the website.
- It was agreed that Thom Randall from the Adirondack Journal can continue to use our Meeting Minutes to report on our projects and goals.
Guest Speaker: Bethanie Baker – Aflac Agent regarding supplemental insurance for business owners.
Meeting was adjourned at 10:00 am
Next Meeting: Friday, March 9, 2012, 9am, at the Panther Mountain Inn.