Minutes | February 8, 2013
Meeting Minutes: February 8, 2013
- Adirondack Snocross Challenge will be held February 16th & 17th at Green Mansions Golf Club. Admission is $10 Adults $5 Children. Schedule is: Friday the 15th – register 12-8, the band ‘Technical Difficulites’ 8-12
Saturday the 16th – register 7-10, races start at 10:30, food and drink all day, music by ‘After FX’ 8-12
Sunday the 17th – register 7-10, races start at 10:30, food and drink all day
Bon Fires Saturday and Sunday and food will be provided by NWCS and Warrensburg Central School. Call Ron Walker at #494-7222 for more information.
- Crazy Downhill Derby will be held February 23rd at Dynamite Hill.
- Winter Carnival Committee reported all is ready to go on Saturday and they’re looking forward to a great event! More assistance is still need for parking, manning the info booth, etc. Thanks to the Adirondack Journal for another great article on the front page promoting the Carnival. Special thanks also to Jim McCluskey for making the trophies for the OutHouse Race, the Lake Placid Curling Club for their participation, and Jimbo’s at the Point for use of their establishment and the great work they’ve done on the ice skating rinks, etc. in preparation for this event.
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade scheduled for March 9th is moving forward. Parade will start at Hudson Headwaters Health Center and end in front of Glens Falls National Bank. Grand Marshall will be Jack Higgins and Poul Carstensen will be the Master of Ceremonies. Anyone interested in marching or entering a float should contact Keith Wilkinson at #588-5136.
- Adirondack Vintage Sleds to benefit the WAIT House of Glens Falls, helping homeless youth in Warren and Washington Counties will be held at Green Mansions Golf Club on March 2, 2013. No entry fee required – $10 donations recommended. 50/50 raffle, bonfire, groomed riding area, bar & restaurant open – show, swap and sell your vintage sled. Event begins at 10am with a 9am set-up and continues throughout the day. WAIT (Welcoming Adolescents in Transition).
- Wine Tasting to benefit the Tri-Lakes Business Alliance will be held April 17th at the Hemlock Ledge in Chestertown.
- Internet/Face Book study session will be presented by Brandon Himoff and held at the NW Chamber of Commerce on February 27th at 8:30 pm for anyone interested in learning how to use this medium to promote their business. This is a free presentation and all are invited to attend.
- ART: in Chestertown is displaying Winter Light until March 2nd with Spring Awakening running from March 15th through April 27th. Winter hours are Saturday & Sunday 11am – 5pm. Membership is open to all artists.
- Golf Tournament Fund Raiser for the Tri-Lakes Business Alliance will be at Green Mansions on June 14th. 18 hole shotgun start. Entry fee is tentatively $45 pp including lunch and barbeque.
- TLBA currently has $1,438.50 in checking account but all items/bills for the Winter Carnival have not yet been paid and the $1,000 we received from the Town of Horicon has not yet been deposited.
Meeting was adjourned at 10:00 am.
Next meeting: Friday, February 22, 2013 ~ 9am ~ at the Panther Mountain Inn.