Minutes | July 14, 2019
Received Thank you letter from North Warren Principal, Caleb Martin. The recipient of the $500 scholarship was Victoria Campbell.
Received letter from Headwall – Thank you letter for having them perform and looking to perform again next year.
Carol Theatre- Please see attachment for details on the Summer Shows
- The Oldies Show- July 20 and will honor the Chestertown Rotary
Farmer’s Market- Wednesday’s 10-2
- Going very well- over 1,200 people stopping in every week
- Looked into flashing sign to put into road with DOT (like the one in Lake George)- it would be a lot of work to get this done.
- Town of Chester donated three new picnic tables and recycle bins.
- Sales are up for the food vendors this year- a lot of people stopping in to have lunch!
Food Truck Fridays on the Mill Pond- 5-8PM
- Great addition to the community- food and music to enjoy
- Brought in around 1,300 people the first night
- Check it out- continues throughout the summer!
Name Change Committee
- Filed under the new name- Tri Lakes Community Alliance Inc. and all programs/sites will officially be changed once it goes through.
- Officers have been chosen and have signed all the necessary paperwork
- Should hear back from the IRS in approximately 6 weeks
- A press release will be put together once everything is finalized.
- Senior Center to be in an upstairs room in the Chester Town Hall
- Looking into private grant opportunities to be used to refurbish the building and get materials for the room.
- The town can provide the infrastructure- the room, lights, etc. but doesn’t have the funds to provide the human resource/staff to run it.
- Look to the community for support on this
- Petition was passed around – support establishment of senior center in Town of Chester to serve our ever expanding senior community
- Congratulations to the new Rotary President, Nan Williams and Vice President, Debra Eves!
- Join the Rotary at the Carol Theatre on July 20 for the Oldies Show for Rotary Night- there will be raffles!
- Rotary Golf Tournament- Cronin’s Golf Course, August 17- Looking for donations from businesses/individuals for a tee sign!
- Rotary Garage Sale- Saturday, July 13 @ Chester Municipal Center.
North Warren Chamber of Commerce
- SummerFest was a huge success! Had a lot of positive feedback! Thinking about starting the band later next year.
- July 4th falls on a Saturday next year… (will have to figure out if we will do SummerFest that Saturday or the following Saturday.
- Pure ADK came to visit Chester on Wednesday, July 10 to take pictures of the area. There will be a date set for the Town of Horicon.
Car Hops- First and third Friday of every month!
- August 2 – The Hub
- August 16 – Panther Mountain Pub
- Look into page on Facebook for Car Hops
- North Creek asked us to join one big Car Hop in September (keep that in mind).
Hudson Headwater 5K- Sunday, July 28!
Loon Lake Association
- Meet the Candidates-August 24 @ 10AM in the Chestertown Municipal Center Auditorium- please send questions for the candidates at least 8-10 days prior to August 24 to [email protected]
- Large expenditure for stabilizing the dam in Loon Lake
- Loon Lake Public Beach has enough lifeguards to work weekdays and weekends.