Minutes | June 2, 2014
General Board Meeting Minutes: May 30, 2014
- Car Hop: Next one is June 13th @ 5 PM at the Panther Mt. Inn.
- Craft Brew Fest: May 31st, 5 PM to 8 PM at the Panther Mt. Inn to benefit the TLBA and the scholarship to be given to a graduating North Warren senior. Food will be donated by the Inn at their cost. $25 admission.
- APAC: The Adirondack Performing Arts Council will be co-sponsoring a Live Jazz Webcast from Lincoln Center on June 6th – Doors open at 6:30 with Clay Man (experimental jazz rock), a 5 piece band from Burlington, VT. at 7 PM and the live webcast beginning at 8 PM. Admission is free. The Warren County Ramblers , an Adirondack Blue Grass group, will be coming Wednesday, June 18 at 6:30 pm at the Carol Theater. Admission is $10 and help is needed to sell tickets & candy and help clean up afterward. Anyone able to help out should call Al Tolomeo at #494-5318.
Al and Fred Holman of The Art in Chestertown, from the North Country Arts Center went over a meeting they had to put APAC under the NCAC so it could be a 501-C nonprofit organization. Brandon will be adding another page to the TLBA website calendar to advertise upcoming events and we’d like to remind you all to refer to this calendar at https://trilakesalliance.com for everything that’s happening in our tri-lake area! The next general APAC meeting will be Thursday, June 5th, 10 AM at Gallo Realty.
- Many TLBA members attended the Adirondack Economic Development Strategy meeting held last week that was put on by the Adirondack Park Agency. Our members brought up the need for better road signage for our businesses, opening up more ATV trails, and the need for broadband and full cell service so visitors could find us via their smart phones.
- The TLBA participated in a great float at the Memorial Day Parade in Horicon representing all of our events along with Don’s Model T and a Garwood Boat. Thank you to all who got dressed in costume and helped with this!
- Music on Main Street: July 10th: Celtic Band, July 24th: Stony Creek Band, August 7th: S.L. Smith Band, August 21st: Master Cylinders. All concerts are free to the public and will be held on the front lawn of the Chester Town Hall from 5:00 to 8:30 PM. Again, thank you to the Town of Chester for helping to fund these events, and committee will apply to LARAC this coming fall for next summer’s funding.
- The Tri-Lakes Business Alliance Board of Directors met last week with attorney Rob Simon to review and revamp our By-Laws.
- Electric Digital sign committee for a sign in front of the NW Chamber of Commerce building to advertise community events is moving forward.
- TLBA Benefit Golf Tournament will be held Friday, July 18th at Green Mansions Golf Course. More details to follow.
- There will be a meeting for the planning of Rum Runners Weekend (scheduled for September 12th – 14th ) toward the end of June.
- We have a lot of placemats left so any businesses wanting to hand these out let us know – it’s a great way to publicize our upcoming events!
- The TLBA and the Chestertown Farmer’s Market would like to give a tremendous thanks to Fred Holman who prepared our taxes for this year! The many hours he put into this overwhelming task are greatly appreciated!!!!!!
- Brandon requested $150 to set up hosting for our webpage and this was approved by the group.
- Career Day at North Warren School will be on October 29th. Any business wishing to participate can contact Helena Robbins at Main St. Ice Cream Parlor.
- Scholarship Committee received 5 applications for the TLBA Scholarship to be awarded to a graduating senior at North Warren. A common theme in the essays was to develop more for our teenagers to do in the area, including a possible gathering place like a teen center (especially for the winter months), a summer basketball league, and night lighting at the basketball court at the Town Hall.
- Natural Stone Bridge and Caves will again be offering Free Community Day on June 7th and 8th for all residents of Warren, Essex and Washington Counties. If you’ve never checked out this natural wonder in our own back yard, take this weekend to do so! Admission is free with proof of residency. More info is available at http://www.stonebridgeandcaves.com.
Next meeting is Friday, June 13, 2014 at 9 AM @ the Panther Mountain Inn.
You do not have to be a business owner to attend! We only have two rules:
- Meetings last for only 1 hour.
- Only 1 person speaks at a time