Minutes | June 13, 2014
General Board Meeting Minutes: June 13, 2014
- Car Hop: Next one is June 20th @ 5 PM at the Panther Mt. Inn. This was moved up a week because of rain on the scheduled date.
- Craft Brew Fest: $2,755 was taken in at the very successful Brew Fest on May 31st, with around $2,000 netted to benefit the TLBA and the scholarship to be given to a graduating North Warren senior. A huge “Thank You” to Jacob & Tony’s and the Panther Mt. Pub for their generous donation of foods! Also thanks to the Becklers for their donation of wrist bands that helped make the event a success!
- Chestertown Farmer’s Market is ready for Opening Day on Wednesday June 18th, from 10 AM to 2 PM. They have a full house this year…. only a few more vendor spots available!!!!! All our old friends (great veggies, baked goods, crepes, fish, wines, meats and cheese) plus a new coffee/tea vendor, a blacksmith, a silver jewelry maker, a Taco tent and more!!!! Great music line up too!!!!!!
- APAC: The Adirondack Performing Arts Committee’s Live Jazz Webcast from Lincoln Center on June 6th had over 100 people in attendance. The Warren County Ramblers , an Adirondack Blue Grass group, will be coming Wednesday, June 18 at 6:30 pm at the Carol Theater. Admission is $10 and help is needed to sell tickets & candy and help clean up afterward. Anyone able to help out should call Al Tolomeo at #494-5318. Tickets can be purchased in advance at Main St. Ice Cream Parlor, The Bull House & the Panther Mt. Pub. !Nice article in The Chronicle on APAC, and the next general APAC meeting will be Thursday, June 19th, 10 AM at Gallo Realty. Steve Smith is also organizing a “School of Rock” for high school students to rehearse this summer and put on a performance toward the end of August.The APAC needs seat covers for the theatre seats if anyone has any knowledge of where the old ones went or any ideas of how to make or buy new ones!
- Music on Main Street: July 10th: Celtic Band, July 24th: Stony Creek Band, August 7th: S.L. Smith Band, August 21st: Master Cylinders. All concerts are free to the public and will be held on the front lawn of the Chester Town Hall from 5:00 to 8:30 PM.
- Electric Digital sign committee (Don Butler, Barb Thomas, Fred Holman, Penni Cargioli, Brandon Himoff, Doug O’Brian, Helena Robbins) for a sign in front of the NW Chamber of Commerce building to advertise community events is moving forward.
- It was voted to put banners up advertising Music on Main Street dates and Rum Runners Weekend on the fence along Rte 8/9 entering Chestertown after Summerfest. Garnet signs has made these banners so just the dates can be changed every year. A vote to approve a $200 banner for Music on Main Street was approved.
- It was voted to have the TLBA file DBA’s as the Chestertown Farmer’s Market and Adirondack Performing Arts Committee to clean up gray areas in our insurance coverage. Don & Cindy will be taking care of this.
- TLBA Benefit Golf Tournament will be held Friday, July 18th at Green Mansions Golf Course. Any businesses or individuals wanting to enter a team please reserve your spot with Ron Walker at #494-7222.
- Don & Cindy will be attending various Lake Association meetings to explain what the TLBA is about and our upcoming events.
- Jane Smith volunteered to organize a scrap book for the TLBA with our newspaper articles and photos.
- Volunteers are needed for Summerfest on July 5th. Contact NW Chamber of Commerce to volunteer!
- It was brought up that Warren County is discussing raising our sales tax by 1% to help bail out the Glens Falls Civic Center, and the TLBA should write a letter opposing this tax raise. Others felt we often ask the Towns for monies, so to ask them not to raise the tax might not be in our best interest. Supervisors Fred Monroe and Matt Simpson will be asked to attend our next meeting to explain what this is actually all about before a letter is written.
- We’d like to remind you all to refer to the community calendar at https://trilakesalliance.com/calendar for everything that’s happening in our tri-lake area!