Minutes | May 17, 2013
Meeting Minutes: May 17, 2013
- The Tri-Lakes Business Alliance’s ATV Ride for a Cure had 86 riders and made $2,460 for Linda Wells, age 26, eleven year Mesothelioma survivor to help defray ongoing medical costs. Many thanks to the Community, the Chestertown Fire Department, McCluskey’s Hardware, Jacobs & Toney for their help and donations, and thanks to Mike Lewis and Don Butler for organizing the event. Winners were 1st Place – $300 Randy Woodward (donated back to the TLBA), 2nd Place – $200 Dan Hunston (donated back to the TLBA), 3rd Place – $100 Ed Rodgers. It was a great event and we hope to have more fundraisers such as this in the future.
- We’re working on placemats for local restaurants to use this summer. Business ads for the placements cost $50 and logos and design should be emailed to Debra Eves [[email protected]]. We currently have 5 ads and we ask you have your designs in by May 24th so we can get them printed.
- The May Car Hop had 10 participants and $28 was raised on the 50/50 raffle for the TLBA. Trophies were donated by Gallo Realty. It was suggested they do a double loop through town in the future so more people can see the cars. Next Car Hop is scheduled for June 7th with more running throughout the summer on the 1st Friday of every month.
- The Golf Outing scheduled for June 14th has a Face Book page up and all are invited to “Share” it and get the word out. There are currently 7 businesses sponsoring teams and more are needed – Give your staff ½ day off and support this local cause! Sponsorships are available for $50 for the tee sponsor and $230 for a team and tee sponsor. Flyer is attached. Event is scheduled for Friday, June 14th, starting at 1pm with barbeque to follow around 5:30. Non-players can just come and enjoy the barbeque for $10 (donated to the TLBA). Gift certificates and prizes are also needed so contact Ron Walker if you can help out or to sign up your team!
- Black Fly Barbecue – Sunday May 19th, starting at 4pm at the Chestertown Conservation Club.All proceeds will go toward North Warren’s Bicentennial Extravaganza in August. $10 donation – BYOB with music until 9pm.
- Old Time Auction – to benefit the Bicentennial will be on June 29th by Café Adirondack at the old Pottersville Fairgrounds (Glendale). Anyone wishing to donate goods (except electronics and clothing) can contact Janet Smith at #494-3301.
- Alive @ 5 Concert was approved by the Town of Chester to be held Wednesday, July 10th in front of the Town Municipal Center. Flip Side will be followed by Master Cylinders for music venue and event will run from 4pm until 8pm. Thanks to the Town of Chester for a $1,000 donation to defer band & advertising costs for this event.
- Chris Ryan presented ideas on how our local businesses can work together to split costs of ads, etc. EZMarine will be hosting an Open House with boat demonstrations both at his shop and on Brant Lake the weekend of June 18th & 19th.
- Anyone who would like a Town Banner but missed out last year can get their design to Garnet Signs (by the end of May please) and then contact the respective towns to get them hung up – there is room for many more so let’s get as many as possible out there for this summer! Total cost is $125…. Very reasonable local advertising!!!!!
- Brandon will develop a Community Calendar to consolidate local events throughout the North Warren Area.
- Chestertown Rotary now has a Face Book page – find it and “LIKE” it!!!!
- The Farmer’s Market Committee announced they will have a fresh fish vendor at the Market this summer!
- The Chester Town Board approved our request to replace the current Christmas Tree signs at the entrances of Chestertown and Pottersville.
- The TLBA voted not to exceed $500 on proposed town beautification project this spring.
- Many thanks to all the community and TLBA members who attended the joint Chamber of Commerce mixer at Railroads on Parade – anyone who has not visited this display should definitely check it out this summer!
- A suggestion of charging dues for the TLBA members was discussed, but because we’re still working on getting bed tax monies from the towns and taking into account our successful fund raisers, this will not go into effect at this time.
Next meeting: Friday, May 31, 2013 ~ 9am ~ at the Panther Mountain Inn.