November 16, 2021
- Taste of the Tri-Lakes Tuesday November 30th with the Rotary Memory Tree Lighting in the center of town from 5:30-7:30. Samples of area restaurants dishes, local choirs will be singing Holiday music complete with bonfires, free s’mores making for the children, and the lighting of the Rotary’s Memory Tree at 6:30.
- Winter Carnival: Tentative date is February 19, 2022
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade: March 12th. Volunteers are needed this year to keep the event active so if you enjoy the parade and festivities that day, please volunteer a few hours of your time.
- There is a Local Toy Drive sponsored by Chestertown American Legion Post 964, Mountain Hardware, Dollar General, the Helpers Fund and “Friends of Santa”. New, unwrapped toys can be dropped of at any of the above until Saturday Dec. 11th.
- TLCA received a nice Thank You note from this year’s North Warren scholarship recipient, Tanner Dunkee.
- An Adirondack Woof Stock and Woodstock on the Mill Pond are back on for 2022!!!! It was unanimously voted that Randy Berg would build a new lure chasing course as Doggie Fun Zone has not returned our calls, and we know this was a major draw for the event. We’re also hoping to have a band ON THE POND for Saturday nights Woodstock. Event will be held the weekend of June 4th -5th so save the date, tell your friends and get ready to howl!
- It was suggested we have a fund raiser for area families that might be struggling this coming winter. Monies raised would be given to the Helper’s fund, North Country Ministries or the North Country Hardship fund for distribution. Anyone with ideas or to help organize such an event, please email Al at ([email protected]).
- Supervisor Leggett discussed Occupancy Tax changes in the county with less monies being given to the individual Towns and larger requests now needed to be presented at the County level.