Meeting Minutes: November 15, 2013
- Wine Tasting was a great success with the Alliance netting $1,907.00. Thanks to all who donated raffle items, helped set up, tear down, and attended the event!
- Taste of the Tri-Lakes & Memory Tree Lighting: The Tri-Lakes Business Alliance will be having their annual Taste of the Tri-Lakes to correspond with the Chestertown Rotary’s Memory Tree lighting in the center of town on Tuesday, December 3rd, from 5pm until 7:30pm with the tree lighting scheduled for around 7. Tickets will be sold for $1 and local restaurants will be offering samples of some of their signature dishes for one or two tickets. There will also be bonfires and free smore making for the children, donated by Stone Bridge and Caves and supervised by local Scout troops. Circle B ranch will be offering horse drawn carriage rides throughout the evening and it promises to be a great way for the community to get together and bring in the Holiday Season.
The Chestertown Rotary’s Memory Tree has been a huge success in past years, with people being able to buy a light for those who have had a positive impact on their lives. Contributions for each name will not only light a light for all to see this Christmas, but will help support local families in need through the food pantry, heating fuel assistance, clothing, and other charitable efforts. Those wishing to purchase a light can mail the names of those they wish to honor with their $5 donation per light to Chestertown Rotary Club – PO Box 260 – Chestertown, NY 12817.
It was suggested we incorporate the Carol Theatre, a Christmas Parade, and Town Caroling with this annual event and all ideas will be given more consideration for next year.
- Brant Lake Winter Carnival is set for February 8th. Committee will start meetings right after the New Year. Anyone wishing to help organize and participate the day of, please let us know!
- Placemats: We’re ordering more placemats to be used in local restaurants with business advertising and a Calendar of local events. More information will be coming regarding how to advertise your business, and space will be given out as payments are received.
- Northern Warren Trailblazers Poker Run is scheduled for February 2nd.
- It was discussed that a Town Master Plan was needed to get more businesses onto Main Street. Chester Town Board meets 2nd Tuesday of every month, and we need more representatives from the business community to attend these meetings and put a push on the Town to proceed with our town’s development.
- Dee Beckler and Penny Cargioli volunteered to serve as Co-Treasurers for the upcoming year.
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade is scheduled for March 8th.
- Ladies Night at the Ledge: Local vendors and crafters will be on hand for some early Holiday Shopping – Food and Drink specials plus Karaoke with Lindsey Meade Wednesday, November 20th at the Hemlock Ledge. Come out and support our local entrepreneurs!
- Small Business Saturday is November 30th! We ask small business owners to comment on the Tri-Lakes Business Alliance’s Face Book page for any specials or sales you have planned for that day. A craft fair on that Saturday would be a drawing card for the community as well, and anyone interested in organizing such an event, either this year or in future years, should let us know and we’ll help advertise and organize!
- Group & Tour Packaging Committee is doing a great job organizing packages to bring groups into our towns. Area Attractions, Eateries and Lodging Facilities are putting together itineraries for people to come to our area and enjoy all we have to offer – Stone Bridge & Caves, Rail Roads on Parade, Golf, Fishing, Boating, Horseback Riding, etc. Anyone interested in joining this committee or having their business included in the offered packages should contact Greg Beckler at [email protected] .
- JW Computing LLC has opened up at their home office in Chester Shores and is offering full service computer repairs, maintenance, business networking and all other computer related services. Jason Wescoat can be contacted at
#315-247-1311 or [email protected] .
BECAUSE OF THE THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY OUR NEXT MEETING WILL BE FRIDAY DECEMBER 13, 2013.