Minutes | September 21, 2012
Meeting Minutes: September 21, 2012
- Main Street Garage Sale: Garnet Signs donated a banner which is hanging on the fence in front of the Chamber of Commerce advertising the sale and we have around 12 confirmed for spaces in the bank parking lots and Tri-Lakes storage and 9 individual homes that would like to be put on the map. Sale will be run from 9-4 both Saturday and Sunday. Anyone interested in having a garage sale that weekend (September 29 & 30) should contact Debra at #494-5762. Great article in the Adirondack Journal – thanks again to Thom Randall for giving us so much support and publicity the past few months!
- Last month’s car hop was another great success with $120 raised on the 50/50 raffle. 17 cars participated and about 120 people came out to see the event. Panther Mountain Inn donated the trophies -1st Place: Holly Palmer’s ’62 Chevy ImpalaSS, 2nd Place: Chris Marinelli’s ’66 Chevy Chevelle, 3rd Place: Mike Smith’s 71 Dodge Demon, 4th Place: Mike D’Angelico’s ’67 Olds Delmont. Congrats to all and thanks to all who participated! Prime rib dinners were offered and the cars rode through the Pine Tree Motel as well as taking a few laps through Main Street. The last Car Hop of the season will be held October 19th and Gallo Realty will be donating the trophies (cost is about $40 for 3 so if any business would like to be a sponsor next year, we’ll be sending reminders (.
- Winter will be here before we know it and representatives will again be going to the Chester Town Board Meeting to look into opening up Theriot Ave, keeping a small lane unplowed, and leaving the east sidewalk of town unplowed to allow direct access for snowmobiles from the Rte 8/9 light. Easier access into downtown would be a huge benefit to all restaurants and gas stations on Main Street so your support is needed at the next Town Board Meeting on October 9th at 7:30.
- Tin Tepee is sponsoring a Toys for Tots ATV poker run on October 13th. Entry fee is $10 and everyone is asked to bring a new un-wrapped gift. The event runs from 11am to 2pm and there are various trails and stations set up that you can ride your ATV to for your poker hand. For more information contact the Tin Tepee at #494-5555 or www.toysfortots.com .
- Brochures to be distributed at Global Foundries are finished and will be presented at the next meeting for approval to move forward and get them printed.
- Brandon Himoff developed a Tri-Lakes Business Alliance Face Book page so sign on and “Like” us if you’re on Face Book – it’s a great social medium and will help us keep people posted as to upcoming events, etc.
- More fundraising ideas were discussed – another Wine Tasting? – as we need more money to accomplish some of the things we’ve been working on. We’ve been back in touch with Rob Simon to finish up our Non-Profit Corporation status.
- The Bank is doing a Community Appreciation Day and Christine Caunter, co-owner of Hemlock Ledge, will look into having some of the funds donated to the Tri-Lakes Alliance.
Meeting was adjourned at 10:05 am.
Next meeting: Friday, October 5, 2012 ~ 9am ~ at the Panther Mountain Inn.