Minutes | April 5, 2013
Meeting Minutes: April 5, 2013
- Wine Tasting Social to be held Tuesday, April 16th, from 5:30 – 7:30 at The Bullhouse to benefit the TLAB. Letters have been sent to both Town Boards and all are welcome to attend this fundraiser. Monies raised will help the Alliance organize future events with signage, advertising costs, possible firework displays, etc. Live music by Rich Ortiz and wines will be donated by local vendors and cheese platter by Oscars with additional d’oeuvres and various raffles. Many thanks to Adirondack Moonshine and Bill Brannigan for organizing this event!
- ATV Ride for a Cure Poker Run: May 4th. Ride starts at the Tin TeePee and will go into Chestertown and
down to Green Mansions. There will be a $20 registration fee (includes a cook-out at the Tin Teepee at 4pm). All proceeds from the Poker Run will go to Linda Wells, age 26, eleven year Mesothelioma survivor to help defray ongoing medical costs. More information can be found at www.Kayaking4aCure.org or contact Don Butler #573-4386 or Mike Lewis #928-7449.
- May Mixer to be held May 5th, from 5:30 – 7:00 at Rail Roads on Parade in Pottersville with the North Warren and Gore Mountain Chambers of Commerce. Anyone wishing to donate food for this event should contact the Chamber and again, all residents are welcome to attend this event to get together with your neighbors for a fun evening.
- June Golf Tournament to be held Friday, June 14th at Green Mansions Golf Course beginning at 1pm. Cost will be $48 per person and will include snacks and an evening barbeque around 6:30. Martha and Ron will have a list of items needed that day and businesses and individuals are wanted to donate food, paper products, etc. This is another fund raiser for the Alliance and $20 of each entry fee will go toward projects and expenses listed above.
- Nancy Craig from the Warrensburg Chamber of Commerce invited our communities to participate in Warrensburg’s 200th anniversary parade to be held July 4,2013. There will be a mustache growing contest, a lunch box auction and other entertaining events.They are looking for floats, bands and vintage cars so anyone wishing to participate should contact the Warrensburg Chamber at #623-2161 and speak to Nancy or contact [email protected] .
- Cindy Stamour from the Chestertown Grand Union was on hand to give us an update on our local store. Now repurchased by TOPS, plans are in the works to update their sign, reduce prices and add more variety to the store. She assured us that the store was very stable and will continue to be operational.
- Assemblyman Dan Stec was our guest speaker and he updated us on the latest NYS budget and offered his help in any of our local projects. Committee members explained the “dead ends” we have faced with trying to improve signage on the Northway exits, updating the old Christmas Tree signs, etc. and he suggested we send a fresh letter to him along with all the correspondence we have had to date regarding these requests and he would do what he could to assist us.
- Upcoming Town Wide Garage Sale to be held in October will be a joint effort with the NW Chamber and the TLBA. Anyone interested in working on this project should contact the Chamber or Debra Eves @494-5762.
- The Beautification Committee will be planting Black Eyed Susans this year to coincide with Warren County’s Bi-Centennial celebration flower.
- The old Brant Lake Garden Center was recently purchased and new owners are planning to open a small general store, café and garden center at the site with an opening date of Spring, 2014. This is a much needed addition to the town of Horicon and we wish you the best of luck!
Meeting was adjourned at 10:05 am.
Next meeting: Friday, April 19, 2013 ~ 9am ~ at the Panther Mountain Inn.