Minutes | February 20, 2015
General Board Meeting Minutes: February 20, 2015
- Brant Lake Winter Carnival: Will be held Saturday February 21st starting at 11 AM and ending with fireworks at Dusk.
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade: March 7th. 11 people attended the last meeting (Thank You!)….. There have been a lot of confirmations for participation so it should be a great celebration! This year’s Grand Marshalls will be Frank & Mary Jane Dower!!!! Anyone interested in entering a float or participation should contact Donnie at #543-4386.
- Craft BrewFest: May 30th – Dave & Monica Herrington are chairing this event and plans are moving forward!
- Woof Stock : June 20-21: Town of Chester has given us $5000 for this event, Curtis Lumber is donating $500 and all materials we will need to build stages, etc, Post Star is giving us $500 in free advertising, we have a distributor donating pet pharmaceuticals to raffle off and we’re getting closer to our financial goal as thousands are needed to pay the venues we’d like to have attend. If anyone has any ideas or connections that might be able to help with some sort of sponsorship, please contact Cindy at [email protected] or #494-3016. We have locked in the Hudson Valley Dock Dogs and and the Beantown Disc Dogs (professional Frisbee demonstrations & interactive fun) and plans are moving forward with other interactive events such as Lure Chasing, Agility Contests, and My Dog Has Talent Contest. Vendor spaces will be available for $40 for the entire weekend and we’re looking for anyone with ‘dog related’ items to sell. There will also be a “Burn Your Bra for Charity” fire at the Bull House on Saturday night after the Revisited Woodstock Concert at the Carol Theatre. More info to follow in upcoming months – it’s going to be a great weekend so get your Tie-Die ready and let’s travel back to 1969!
- Carol Theatre: Many performances are lined up for this year, including a Praise & Glory concert on Sunday April 19th to benefit North Country Ministries, a Comedy Show on May 9th to benefit PAC (North Warren School’s Performing Arts Council) and “Revisited Woodstock” to be held June 20th. Volunteers are needed to help with ticket sales, ushers etc. and anyone available to help (full time or part time!) please contact Al at #494-5318.
- Don Studler, father of Abe Studler (grandson of Kit & Eric Isachsen), gave a presentation on Abe’s goal to ski in the Olympics Free Style skiing. A native of our area, Abe’s current ranking of 24th in the nation make this dream a very real possibility, and would put Gore Mt. and our area of the Adirondacks on the map. There will be a benefit dinner at Gore Mt. on March 14thwith events starting at 4 PM, dinner served from 5 PM to 6:30 with Live Music 6-8, Kid’s Face Painting, Silent Auctions and lots of great people! Tickets can be purchased at the Base Lodge at Gore that day. If you can donate for the auction or would like to help Abe with the financial burden necessary to achieve this lifelong goal, please contact Don Studler at[email protected] or donate through https://ussa.rallyme.com/rallies/1107
- . Keeping up with the incredible expenses is a large & looming demand (more than $40,000 annually) so donations of any size would be greatly appreciated!
- Electric Sign for Town Events: Committee needs to meet again to review actual location of sign to meet all the regulatory agencies we’re dealing with. Donations are still needed and checks can be made out to the North Warren Chamber of Commerce and mailed to PO Box 490 – Chestertown, NY 12817 Attn: Digital Sign. There will be an ATV ride on May 30th with proceeds going toward this sign.
- TLBA Golf Tournament: Doug O’Brian will chair the Golf Tournament committee and Don, Cindy, Al signed up to help (more volunteers are needed).Tourney will be held in the fall.
- Dee Beckler resigned as Treasurer for the TLBA and Randy Berg graciously volunteered to take over. Thank you Dee for time served and Thank You Randy for taking over the position!
- Tom Johansen spoke on behalf of the North Warren Chamber of Commerce and the Chamber needs someone to take over the duties of organizing this year’s Chestertown Summer Fest. Anyone interested in helping with this great community event should contact the Chamber office at #494-2722.
NEXT MEETING FRIDAY MARCH 6, 2015
at 9 AM @ the Panther Mountain Inn.
You do not have to be a business owner to attend! We only have two rules: Meetings last for only 1 hour. Only 1 person speaks at a time