Minutes | February 7, 2014
Meeting Minutes: February 7, 2014
- Brant Lake Winter Carnival is set for Saturday February 8th, starting @ 11am with Fireworks at dusk. Committee reported that all was ready to go! Brandon explained that Jimbo’s had volunteered to pick up the entire cost of the band for that day/evening but the committee had voted to pay for half this time. In the future, Event Committees will make the decision on what is paid for by the TLBA and what is not, so members are urged to join these satellite committees to get their opinions heard.
- Down Hill Derby is planned for Saturday, February 22nd so get your sleds ready and contact the Chamber of Commerce for more information.
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade is scheduled for March 8th with a 1pm step off. This year there will be a Bouncey Bounce for the kids, Kettle Corn and Cotton Candy. Floats from Local Businesses, Bands, Firehouses, Schools and Scout troops are all needed so please contact Don Butler or Keith Wilkinson for more information!
- A discussion was held on the lack of involvement with our events from the students at North Warren Central School. We reached out to students and staff for the Rum Runners Weekend, the Taste of the Tri-Lakes and the Winter Carnival and had no cooperation. The next School Board Meeting is on March 10th at 6:30 pm and Don Butler, John MacMillan, Brandon Himoff, Barb Thomas and Bob Olson have volunteered to attend to explain what our organization is about and try to spur more participation. It was decided the TLBA will give a scholarship for Community Service to graduating Seniors in the amount of $500 to hopefully spur on more involvement. A Scholarship Committee with the above named members will be working on this in the coming months.
- Arts & Crafts Festival will be held at the Chester Town Hall toward the end of the year. Anyone interested in participating or helping with this event contact Fred Holman at the Art Gallery in Chestertown.
- We are still waiting for all bids to come in for new signage on the entrances to Chestertown and Pottersville. Jane Smith will approach the Town of Horicon to see if two signs could be made for Brant Lake and Adirondack so all four signs have a similar design. The TLBA is merely organizing this and getting designs and prices together to submit to the Towns.
- TLBA Website: Two proposals have come in for the development of a website for the Alliance and the committee will review so we can hopefully get this started soon.
Next meeting is Friday, February 21, 2014 at 9am @ the Panther Mountain Inn.