Meeting Minutes: January 10, 2014
- The Northern Warren Trailblazers Winter White-Out is planned for Saturday, January 18th, from 12pm to 5pm at the Club House on Knapp Hill. All are welcome to attend to enjoy Live Music by Finger Diddle, a Barbeque being served from 1pm to 4pm, Bonfires, and the drawing for a 2014 Ski Doo MXZ Sport 600 at 4:30. Second prize is a 2013 Triton Trailer. Cost for the Barbeque is $15 at the gate, with children under 10 Free. Raffle tickets for the snowmobile can be purchased at local businesses or by calling Mike Hill at #796-1603.
- The North Country Hardship Fund will be having a Cabin Fever Party at the Panther Mt. Inn on Friday, January 24th beginning at 7am with Live Music, snacks and give aways. $5 entry fee goes to the Hardship Fund which encompasses the entire North Country.
- 4th Annual Bob “Wimpy” Whitford Ice Fishing Tournament is scheduled for Saturday, January 25, 2014 from 8am – 3pm on Brant Lake. Cost of tournament is $20, and proceeds go towards a scholarship in Bobby’s name. For more information contact Keith Wilkinson at #588-5136.
- Brant Lake Winter Carnival is set for Saturday February 8th, starting @ 11am with Fireworks at dusk. A HUGE Thank You to The Town of Horicon for their generous donation to help us make this an even better event this year! These additional monies will help us with advertising costs, entertainment, items needed for events that day and a great firework display at dusk on the lake! We need volunteers for that day to assist with the Main Desk and sign-ups, parking, fire attendants, etc. so if you can help out in any way for an hour time slot, let us know! We also need teams for organized Broom Ball games so if you have a team or know anyone at the school who might be able to get some students together, again, let us know! There will be a meeting on Tuesday, January 14th, 9am @ Jimbos for anyone interested in joining the committee. Randy & Patti Berg have collected $545 for cash prizes for the Out House Race that day (with more coming in?) so get your Out House ready to race! Anyone planning on entering a team for the Broom Ball Tournaments or Out House Races should contact Cindy Mead at [email protected] to pre-register.
- Placemat Advertising is almost filled up and ready for print. 22 ads will be on the advertisement with a full year’s calendar of TLBA and Town Events. A big Thank You to Debra Eves and Don Butler for developing this!!!!
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade is scheduled for March 8th with a 1pm step off. Planning Meetings start soon – contact Don or Keith to assist!
- Signage on our I87 Exits: Don Butler has gotten 2 people from the North Creek Business Alliances and representatives from the Town of Horicon along with Betty Little and Dan Stec to see if something can be done to improve the signage off from our I87 exit ramps to direct people to services such as gas, lodging, etc. They will try to co-ordinate a meeting with the APA and DOT to discuss this project. Bids for new signs to be posted at the Chestertown and Pottersville entrance roads will also be put out soon and presented to the Town Board.
- Website Development: Pam Sissons has submitted a proposal for the development of a Tri-Lakes Business Alliance webpage and another person has indicated an interest in submitting a proposal as well so we’ll be reviewing these in the future and hopefully have a site up and running by this summer.
- Fred Holman of the North Country Art Gallery http://northcountryartscenter.org/art-in-chestertown.html volunteered to work on the TLBA income tax preparation for this year. Again, a HUGE Thank You as it takes volunteers such as this to keep our organization running smoothly!
- TLBA new mailing address is PO Box 56 – Chestertown, NY 12817.
- Barb Thomas and Cindy Mead are working on getting estimates for a lighted info sign (similar to the one at NW Central School) for the front of the North Warren Chamber of Commerce building to advertise town events. It is hoped that the Town of Chester, the Town of Horicon, the Chamber of Commerce, the Tri-Lakes Business Alliance and the Chestertown Rotary will all donate to the purchase of such a sign and bids will be reviewed and submitted to the towns when they are received.
- People have reported that the snowshoe trails on the Caroline Fish Trails behind Dynamite Hill are wonderful and in conjunction with the trails at Natural Stone Bridge and Caves, our area has a lot to offer those interested in this winter sport. Pass the word!
- Member reported that John Newell of the Hudson River Music Hall http://poststar.com/news/local/hudson-river-music-hall-seeks-to-bring-big-city-music/article_969ebe74-065e-11e1-9c11-001cc4c03286.html has received grant monies for the revitalization of a performance center in Hudson Falls. The Lake Placid film festival will also be moved to Schroon Lake in the future, and the recovery of these buildings IS possible! Our group is still interested in bringing the Carroll Theatre back to life as a Cultural Center, and anyone interested in helping to pursue this mammoth undertaking, please let us know!
Next meeting is Friday, January 24, 2014 at 9am @ the Panther Mountain Inn.