Minutes | January 11, 2013
Meeting Minutes: January 11, 2013
- BRANT LAKE WINTER CARNIVAL: Plans are in motion for the Brant Lake Winter Carnival to be held on the lake in front of Jimbo’s at the Point on Saturday, February 9, 2013. Committee went over what is currently planned for the day. Local adult softball team will be challenging the Horicon Fire Department in Snowshoe Softball, a children’s Ice Fishing Tournament is planned, as well as an Outhouse Race (we still need more participants to do this – all businesses (contractors?) are invited to build an outhouse and help with the entertainment! Frisbee Golf, Flag Hockey, Broom Ball tournaments, self guided snowshoe and/or cross country ski trails, a display of Vintage Snowmobiles, and games for the kids will be on site. A barbeque will be served on the deck at Jimbo’s and the restaurant will be open for lunch, with Jazz Band playing in the late afternoon into the evening. Representatives will be going to the Horicon Town Board meeting this week to see if they could donate some money to the Carnival to assist with advertising, seet up costs and prizes/awards.
- NORTH EAST SNOW CROSS at Green Mansions is planned for the weekend of February 16th & 17th. There will be (2) one day events with registrations on Friday, so hopefully there will be an influx of people into our towns for the weekend. Races are Saturday & Sunday from 10:30am – 4pm. Amateurs and professionals are invited to race. There will be a $10 Adult/$5 Children spectator fee, and bonfires and both North Warren and Warrensburg schools will be selling food on site. Contact Ron Walker at Green Mansions #494-3721 for more information and to find out how to participate.
- CRAZY DOWNHILL DERBY at Dynamite Hill on February 23rd.
- ST PATRICK’S DAY PARADE: The Town of Chester has approved the St. Patricks Day Parade to be held on Saturday, March 9, 2013 and they donated $800 for hiring bag pipers for the event. Highway Superintendent Jason Monroe said they give us their total support by closing streets, traffic control, etc. The local fire departments & the American Legion are on board, but word needs to get out to the Scout Troops, School Groups, Pre-Schools and anyone else interested in marching or possibly making and riding on a float. Contact Keith Wilkinson at #588-5136 for more information.
- The Bull House Restaurant should be opening in 2-3 weeks.
- Wine Tasting fund raiser for the Tri-Lakes Business Alliance has been postponed to sometime in April.
- RUM RUNNER WEEKEND: Being held the weekend of September 13th – 15th in Chestertown. A Celebration of Warren County’s 200th Anniversary with a Visit Back in Time to THE ROARING TWENTIES. A few planned events are a Rum Runners Classic, Speak Easy Costume Ball, Classic Car Show, Babe Ruth Battle of the Bats and Vaudeville Talent Shows. This will be a huge weekend long affair, and many people will be needed to help organize the different events. There will be a meeting at the Panther Mt. Inn on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 @ 6PM and anyone interested in helping out is welcome to attend.
- Brant Lake Taxi gave 187 people free rides on New Year Eve and there were no DWI’s in the area they covered that night.
- Sign Committee is still working on getting better signage off the Northway Exits for our businesses.
- The new North Warren Chamber of Commerce area maps are completed and can be picked up at the Chamber.
- C&C ADIRONDACK SNOWMOBILE TOURS has opened in front of the Loon Lake RV park across the road from the Loon Lake Public Beach. They are doing 1 and 2 hour lake & trail tours and dinner rides. For more info, call
#796-1308 or go to www.CandCSnowmobileTours.com .
Meeting was adjourned at 10:00 am.
Next meeting: Friday, January 25, 2013 ~ 9am ~ at the Panther Mountain Inn.