Minutes | December 14, 2012
Meeting Minutes: December 14, 2012
- BRANT LAKE WINTER CARNIVAL: Plans are in motion for a Brant Lake Winter Carnival to be held on the lake in front of Jimbo’s at the Point on Saturday, February 9, 2013. A committee was formed but ideas and input are welcomed! A lunch/barbeque will be served for a minimum charge by Jimbo’s, Jazz music will be on hand later in the afternoon, an ice skating rink will be available with a possible “dance off”, ice fishing tournament, a snow shoe race, vintage snowmobile rides and snow castle building for the children are just a few of our ideas so far. Again, anyone with more suggestions please let us know!
- ST. PATRICKS DAY PARADE: to be held in Chestertown March 9th or 10th. More people are needed to help with this event.
- The Loon Lake Park District will be having an ADIRONDACK WATER FEST sometime during the week of July 12th behind the Chester Municipal Center. Information on our lakes, children’s activities, a fly-fishing presentation, and more are being planned for the day. More information will be provided as we get closer.
- Chestertown’s new street parking ordinance was tabled. A free study of Main Street is being done by the Adirondack Glens Falls Transportation Council and recommendations will be made to the town.
- NW Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Meeting is Wednesday, December 19th, at 5:30pm at the Panther Mt. Inn.
- TRI-LAKES BUSINESS ALLIANCE HOLIDAY PARTY: We started this organization a year ago this month so we’re going to have a gathering at the Panther Mt. Inn on January 3, 2013 to celebrate our accomplishments. Please bring a covered dish to share – begins at 6pm. All are welcomed and a reminder will be sent.
- There will be no meeting on December 28th in lieu of everyone’s busy schedules this time of year.
Meeting was adjourned at 9:40 am.
Next meeting: Friday, January 11, 2013 ~ 9am ~ at the Panther Mountain Inn.