Meeting Minutes: November 30, 2012
- TASTE OF THE TRI-LAKES was a huge success with around 200 people in attendance and $1330 being raised which was divided between the TLBA and the Chestertown Rotary. Special thanks to Stone Bridge and Caves for their donation of amethyst crystal that was auctioned off, members of the NW girls basketball team who helped children with the smores, and all the restaurants who participated and helped make this a success!
- Brochures advertising our towns are completed and will be distributed in the Malta/Saratoga area. They are also available for local businesses to display and more can easily be ordered if needed.
- The new town rules regarding Parking on Main Street was discussed at length and as the Town of Chester hasn’t filed any formal papers yet, all are encouraged to attend the next Town Board meeting on Tuesday, December 11th, 7pm at the Chester Municipal Center to voice their opinions. There is a 10’ no parking zone for driveways in Manhattan…. yet Chestertown needs 40’?
- Horicon publishes their meeting agenda online and it was suggested Chestertown do the same so constituents know what will be discussed at the next meeting.
- Helena Robbins has agreed to serve on the NW Chamber of Commerce board to act as liaison between the Tri-Lakes Business Alliance and the Chamber.
- Gore Mt. Chamber of Commerce is working on their Winter/Summer Guide and any businesses interested in advertising in the publication should contact the Gore Chamber.
- Upcoming Event: WINTER CARNIVAL on Brant Lake – February 2, 2012 (tentative).
- Upcoming Event: ST. PATRICKS DAY PARADE in Chestertown – March 17, 2013
- Upcoming Event: WINE TASTING – February ?
- December 5th: LADIES NIGHT at Hemlock Ledge. 5-8. Drink & food specials, shopping with local vendors.
- December 8th: SANTA CLAUS at Chestertown Town Hall.
- December 9th: CHRISTMAS CONTATA at Methodist Church in Chestertown – 3pm.
- BRANT LAKE TAXI will again be offering free taxi rides on New Year’s Eve. This will be their 5th annual Operation Safe Ride with 571 rides being given last year. There has been 1 reported DWI in the area they cover (NW, Johnsburg & Minerva school districts) during the past 4 years this service has been offered. They will be putting a full page ad in the Adirondack Journal thanking all who donate to this worthwhile cause so anyone interested in donating can call the Taxi directly to make arrangements.
- Jimbo’s at the Point is now open to the public: Thursday – Saturday, 5pm – closing. Thursday Dinner Special $19.95 for appetizer, entrée and dessert.
- John Wheatly, Small Business Advisor from the Economic Development Committee will be at our next meeting to give a presentation.
Meeting was adjourned at 9:45 am.
Next meeting: Friday, December 14, 2012 ~ 9am ~ at the Panther Mountain Inn.