October 25, 2018
- Taste of the Tri-Lakes is November 27. Restaurants – please let us know if you’ll be participating this year as the more the merrier! Class of 2022 will be doing a fund raiser and the Rotary will again have the Memory Tree so mark your calendars!
- Chamber News – Duck Race was a great success with over 800 people in attendance! Shop Small Saturday is November 24th so remember to shop local and support our hometown businesses! Chamber has ‘swag’ (doormats, signs, etc.) so call them to get some items to advertise the day! They’re also still having Economic Development meetings so check the Chamber website for dates and times. There is also a survey out and available on Face Book so you can input your opinions. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ChesterEcDev?fbclid=IwAR0qNLGP4xAnnK_yFHuMl_G9epZ4apmlnHwJMHSEEu9_UyJCjb5wKVwKOM8
- Panther Mountain Traders has opened up (next to Stephenson Lumber) and all are welcome to stop by – lots to offer from Adirondack artisan’s work to antiques.
- Bed Tax / Occupancy Tax monies. A discussion was held on the amount of monies our towns have to promote business and tourism and how it is being used for TLBA events and others in the community. The TLBA only asks for funds on 4 events (Brant Lake Winter Carnival, St. Patrick’s Day parade, Adirondack Woof Stock, Rum Runners weekend) and committee heads will be submitting their applications as a whole. As Warren County will now be levying the ‘Bed Tax’ on Airbnb, VRBO and all other private rentals, the amount of funds will be increased and additional monies for our events would help with obtaining more fireworks displays, dog sled races, bands for the parade etc.
- Saturday Nov.10th – Veterans Day Parade from Church St. to the Memorial. Marchers and Floats welcome and encouraged. 11AM ceremony followed by open house at the Legion of what has been completed so far and tickets will be for sale in the auditorium for basket raffles. Variety Show is at 12:30 and Basket Raffle Fundraiser drawing will be at 1:30. For info contact Joanne Ellsworth at [email protected] or a legion member!